it's not about what i know anymore- it's more exciting this way. a new direction. learning something NEW instead of these same theologies drilled into my head. I haven't had much creative outlet in a while- i need an art class, i need to write, i need to enjoy some peace- friendship, love, hope.
it's 3:20 wednesday June 20th- office at church- stuff to do.
i'm leaving for [RE]New Orleans saturday. one thing this job allows is for me to mobilize groups to action. That's what it takes to move me to action- i've got to plan this whole big trip so that i have no choice. Because i'm lazy i'd stay doing nothing if i could. I do hope that this trip helps someone. I know i will love it. it's when i'm busy using my hands, to build, to work, when i have no other schedule, but serve others- that's when it's clear. The clarity of what it's all about, those words like meaning and purpose sound so trite, but when you are there in it- you see there's nothing more important than these people and their need. And there's Jesus in all of this, He's there in His church, there in the least of these... and i miss Him.
'I know a thousand guys just like that; that want to change the world, but nothing's changing.'
encouraged by discouragement anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment